Creamy Cucumber Salad
Fresh. Simple. Delicious. This creamy cucumber and onion salad has a light dressing made from Greek yogurt and is flavored with dill. Perfect for those summer grilling meals!
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Lemon zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4-5 cups sliced cucumbers
In a small bowl, combine onion, olive oil, vinegar and oregano. Stir and allow to marinate at room temperature while preparing the salad.
Combine yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, dill, salt and pepper; stir to combine. Add cucumbers and stir to coat evenly. Add the onions and the marinade, stirring to combine.
Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving.