Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
This poppy seed dressing is light and creamy with a pop of freshness from lemon zest and juice. It is the perfect dressing for a spinach and berry salad, chicken salad, coleslaw or even fruit.
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise/salad dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Saute onions in 1 tablespoon olive oil and the butter until tender. Remove from heat.
Combine one tablespoon olive oil, greek yogurt, mayonnaise/salad dressing, vinegar, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor. Add onions (with the oil and butter) to the dressing and puree until smooth.
Stir in water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
Pour dressing into a jar and add poppy seeds, stirring until evenly distributed.