Leftover Pork Pozole Bowl
Give leftover pork roast a complete makeover with this pozole-style rice bowl recipe. Salsa verde and hominy convert the pork's flavor and texture into a quick and satisfying Mexican meal!
- 3-4 cups leftover, shredded pork roast
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano crushed
- 16 ounces tomatillo salsa or salsa verde
- 15 ounce can hominy rinsed and drained
- fresh cilantro or chopped green onions
- Fresh Lime Wedges
- Fresh Jalapeno Slices optional
- pickled or fresh radishes optional
- sour cream optional
- 3-4 cups prepared white rice
Remove leftover shredded pork from refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic, cumin and Mexican oregano, stirring to heat through and flavor the oil.
Add the pork, tomatillo salsa, and hominy, gently stirring until hot.
Serve over rice and squeeze fresh lime juice over the top. Garnish with additional lime wedges, cilantro or green onions, jalapeño slices and sour cream, according to personal preferences.